Game 5: Warriors Maul Grizzlies
The Grizzlies are on the brink of elimination after the most embarrassing loss of the post season. This game was horrible for the home team. The final score was 98-78.
1) Zach Randolph was on fire in the first quarter. He had 11 points in the first quarter and converted on his only 3 pointer.
2) The Grizzlies started the 1st quarter off well and established a 13 point lead.
3) Courtney Lee shot 100% from the field (more on that later).
4) Marc Gasol had a near triple double with 18 points, 12 rebounds and 6 assists.
5) Mike Conley had a solid game. He had 13 points, 5 assists and 3 steals. He was 50% from the field going 5-10.
1) The Grizzlies shot 39.8% from the field. They took 83 shots and only converted only 33 of them. They also shot an abysmal 26.7% from three.
2) Tony Allen was sidelined due to a hamstring injury and the Grizzlies suffered dearly.
3) The Grizzlies gave up a 13 point lead in the first quarter.
4) The Warriors went 14-30 from the three point line. Steph Curry had 6 of them alone.
5) The Grizzlies bench was outscored 24-13.
The What the Hell
1) The Grizzlies were outscored 23-16 in the 2nd quarter and were 25-16 in the 3rd quarter.
2) Marc Gasol was 8-22 and missed 7 consecutive shots in the 3rd quarter.
3) Vince Carter was 3-10 from the field and 1-6 from the three point line.
4) Zbo only took 5 shots after the first quarter. In the first quarter, he was 5-7 and was 0-2 in the 2nd quarter. He was 1-2 in the 3rd quarter and 0-1.
5) Courtney Lee only took 3 shots after 30 minutes of play. He wasn’t called upon much in the offense. He didn’t have a shot attempt in the entire 4th quarter.
The Grizzlies had no aggression and weren’t locked in. The offense wasn’t lethal at all. Where was the heart and the energy? I didn’t see any major adjustments that Joerger made from the Game 4 loss. The guys weren’t relentless or tenacious. I saw no grit, no renewed mindset and a lack of intensity. Toughness was not found. No grind and no poise were present. Inconsistency was rampant. They weren’t defiant and the momentum is out the window. But….
The Grizzlies have to come out better in Game 6 at home in the Grindhouse. The fan expect them to compete and give their all. We just want to know which Grizzlies team will show up! Will it be the confident team that can beat anyone in the league or will it be the team that looked defeated last night.
Fans want to continue to believe in these guys! They’re still very much capable of winning this series. Yes I said they can still win the series! They just have to play Grizzlies basketball!! And believe! They need to believe in themselves! #BelieveGrizzlies #IstillBelieve!
Where: The Grindhouse aka The FedEx Forum
TV/Radio Broadcast: ESPN/92.9 ESPN
***All stats from NBA.com***