Will the Grizzlies Maul the Nuggets?
The Grizzlies are coming off a much needed win against the Milwaukee Bucks at the Grindhouse over the weekend. Grizzlies improved their record to 46-20. The Grizzlies hope to remain the #2 seed in the Western Conference and hold on as the Southwest Division leader while they take on the Denver Nuggets tonight at the Grindhouse. The Nuggets won a 2-OT game against the New Orleans Pelicans Sunday night.
In the first meeting of the season, the Nuggets torched the Grizzlies, 114-85. The Grizzlies had payback on their minds and trampeled the Nuggets, 99-69, in their second meeting. The home team had their way in both match ups. Will they maul the Nuggets tonight for their 47th victory?
1) Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph both are engaged in this game and will guide the team to victory.
2) The aggressive Courtney Lee will have to make an appearance like he did against the Bucks. When he’s aggressive and confident, the Grizz win.
3) The Tony Affect and the Nick Calathes Aftermath will make an appearance. Both should have 2 or more steals each.
4) Grizz will take care of the ball better. It’s a must!
5) Free throw shooting hasn’t been all that great lately. Grizz should get to the line more and be nearly perfect.
6) Mike Conley should sit this one out and let the ankle heal. But he’s a soldier and he may try to give it a go.
7) Three point shooting have to be in line with the performance over the Bucks. Grizz were 8/14.
8) JaMychal Green will likely match up well with Kenneth Faried when Zbo is on the bench. This will be fun to watch. I will be looking forward to tons of energy and tenacity.
9) All 5 starters will be in double figures once again. It helps to balance out shot distribution and have all the starters on point at both ends of the floor.
10) Grizz fans hate Jusuf Nurkic. They remember him from the first meeting of the season. I expect he will be booed often.
I won’t say this will be a ‘must’ win; however, it’s pretty darn close. Grizz must be dominant in the last stretch of the season. Clicking on offense and defense is a MUST. This will be a hard fought game. I don’t expect Denver to roll over; even though, they played a 2-OT game last night against the Pelicans. I expect Grizz to take care of business as the Grind to Greatness continues..
When: 7:00 PM CST
Where: The Grindhouse aka The FedEx Forum
TV/Radio Broadcast: Fox SportSouth/92.9 FM ESPN
- Ja Morant takes a stand - June 13, 2020
- The NBA is set to resume - June 5, 2020
- What’s wrong with the Grizzlies? - January 22, 2019