Recap: Grizzlies v. Utah Jazz
Games like last night remind you that this season’s Memphis Grizzlies are not the Grizz of year’s past. They improved their record to 37-12 by beating the Utah Jazz, 100-90.
Once again Zach Randolph can ball!! Zbo nails an amazing half court shot.
Grizzlies were out-scored in the third quarter, but held on strong in the fourth. One thing has not changed for these Grizz—shutout defense. The Grizzlies were able to grab their 8th straight victory.
- Vince Carter sat out his third straight game since an injury against Denver on January 29th.
- Marc Gasol led the fourth quarter with 12 points.
- Z-bo scored 18 points and had 11 rebounds, starting a new streak of double-doubles after ending his 12-game streak on Monday evening against Phoenix
- Jeff Green had early action and an important 3-pointer early in the first to start the tone of the game. Anyone who objected to this trade has surely shifted tone by now. He ended up with 13 points.
- The Grizzlies were 46.2% from beyond the arc compared to Utah’s 30.4%.
- The Grizz scored 24 points off 14 Jazz turnovers.
- Coach Joerger continues to play multiple point guards at a time, rotating Mike Conley, Nick Calathes & Beno Udrih
- Utah out-rebounded the Grizzlies last night, 40 to 38.
- Grizz had a total of 26 assists. Nick Calathes had a team high 7 assists; Zbo, Marc and Jeff Green had 4 assists a piece.
- Grizzlies had 5 players in double figures led by Marc Gasol with 23 points.
- Jazz bench out-scored the Grizzlies bench 44-27. Trey Burke had 21 points off the bench for the Jazz.
This was a second big road win for the Grizzlies to continue their streak. They are 16-7 on the road this season.
The Grizzlies will be in Minnesota on Friday, hopefully with similar defense and a few more points off the bench.