Grizzlies stun Suns
The Memphis Grizzlies defeated the Phoenix Suns (102-101) Monday night in a true grind it out victory. Jeff Green and our All Star center sealed the deal in dramatic fashion. Grizzlies improve their record to 36-12 which is 2nd best in the Western Conference and third best in the entire NBA.
With six seconds left on the clock, Mike Conley shot a 3 pointer and missed. Jeff Green grabbed the offensive rebound, converted on a 5 foot jumper and was fouled by Eric Bledsoe. Green completed the three point play to give the Grizzlies the lead with 4.5 seconds, Suns called a timeout.
Marc Gasol ends the game with a huge block on Markeiff Morris.
1) Mike Conley led the Grizzlies with 23 points and 2 steals.
2) Marc Gasol had 15 points, 8 assists, 6 rebounds and 2 blocks, including the game winning block on Markeiff Morris.
3) Jeff Green ended up with 12 points including the game winner go ahead three point play and 2 steals.
4) Zach Randolph’s double double streak ended he chipped in 19 points and 9 rebounds.
5) Kosta Koufos in 15 minutes of play had a team high 11 rebounds and 4 points.
6) Tony Allen was in double figures with 10 points and 2 steals off the bench.
7) Suns outscored the Grizzlies in the paint 62-50.
8) Grizzlies sweep the Suns in the season series and have now won 7 straight meetings.
9) Grizzlies are on a 7 games winning streak.
10) Suns shot 50% from the field while the Grizzlies shot 43.4%
Grizzlies travels to Utah to take on the Jazz. Grizzlies look to avenge the December loss to the Jazz.
Latest posts by Sharon Brown (see all)
- What’s wrong with the Grizzlies? - January 22, 2019
- Grizzlies defense shine as Memphis take down Trail Blazers 92-83 - December 13, 2018
- In Shy’s Corner: The Return of Captain Clutch - November 12, 2018