Grizz take on the lowly Knicks
Grizzlies will take on the New York Knicks tonight at the Grindhouse. Tip-off starts at 7pm. Grizzlies look to bounce back from an embarrassing loss at Denver (114-85). The Knicks have lost 11 straight and only have won 5 games this season. Their current record is 5-31 and are 2-16 on the road.
Zach Randolph – questionable
Iman Shumpert – out
Carmelo Anthony – questionable
Amar’e Stoudemire – questionable
Andrea Bargnani – questionable
Things that need to happen
1) Grizzlies need to win the rebounding battle once again.
2) Jarnell Stokes should start over Jon Leuer. He’s proven to be more effective in rebounding and causing problems on defense.
3) Grizzlies need to protect the 3 point line and not gamble on defense. Players need to play man to man and not leave shooters open for wide open threes. No help defense that causes shooters to be left open.
4) Grizzlies need to protect the paint on the defensive end.
5) Since they’re playing the Knicks, the bench should get more playing time while the starters rest.
6) The Grizzlies need to kick them in the teeth early. They need to be effective offensively and defensively to give the Knicks no sign of hope. They need to have them surrendering at the start of the 3rd quarter.
7) Jordan Adams proved last game, he should get ample playing time. Sorry Q, but you need to take a back seat to Jordan Adams for now.
8) Hopefully, Beno will be back and do BENO things against his former team!
9) Tayshaun Prince and Vince Carter need to get their old men game going and both should score in double figures tonight.
10) Grizzlies should easily win this game.
This game should be a game that the Grizzlies win. As a matter of fact, it should be a DECISIVE WIN. It will just be downright embarrassing and depressing for the Grizzlies to lose at home to the Knicks. There’s not other way to put it; the Grizzlies must win this game. Grizzlies should be 25-9 at the end of this game and have an .5 game lead over the Dallas Mavericks in the Southwest Division.