A New Streak Begins: Grizzlies Down the Heat
Grizzlies start a new streak at home beating the Miami Heat 103-87. After playing 20 games this season, Grizzlies are 16-4. The Miami Heat has now lost 4 games in a row with a record of 9-11. The Heat outscored the Grizzlies 50-40 in the paint. Both teams each had 5 players in double figures.
Players of the Game: Jon Leuer
Jon Leuer was the Grizzlies high scorer going 7-12 with 20 points and grabbed 12 rebounds. He was 2-3 from beyond the arc and also had 2 steals. This is his 1st double double of the season.
Grizzlies Back Court (Mike Conley, Courtney Lee, and Tony Allen)
Grizzlies back court were 21/25 and had 49 points. Mike Conley was perfect going 8-8 and 2-2 from the 3 point line; he ended up with 18 points. Courtney Lee had 17 points; he was 7-9 and 3-3 from the 3 point line. Lee also had 2 steals and 3 assists. Tony Allen chipped in 14 points, 5 rebounds and 2 steals; he was 6-8 from the field.
1) Grizzlies shot 58.9% from the field. Their highest shooting percentage of the season.
2) Grizzlies were 8/13 from 3, shooting 61.5%.
3) Grizzlies bench outscored the Heat’s bench 35-19. Jon Leuer was responsible for 20 of those points.
4) Grizzlies improved on their FT shooting. They were 9/11, shooting 81.8%.
5) Marc scored a season low 2 points and was 1-6 from the field. He had a team high 7 assists, 6 rebounds and 1 block.
6) Zbo had 17 points and 6 rebounds.
7) Dwyane Wade lead all scorers with 25 points.
Grizzlies will take on a hot Dallas Mavericks team in the Grindhouse at 7pm. Will Tony Allen and Courtney Lee be able to shut the water off against Monta Ellis?